Upcoming events on AM
EBSD image showing control of crystal growth direction in additive manufacturing of steel. Different colour denote different crystal orientation of the grains.
AM news at Uppsala university
- New joint seminar series on AM 2020-06-24
- AM arena to hold AM online conference January 2021 2020-03-30
- Spin-off from UU launches 3D-printed environmentally friendly radiation absorbers 2020-02-10
- Planned AM lunch seminars - save the dates 2019-12-20
- New International Master programme in AM announced 2019-10-15
AM research at Ångström
At the Faculty of science and technology at Uppsala university, there are a number of different research projects running where additive manufacturing is a major part of the research theme.
Education in AM
A new international masterprogramme in additive manufacturing is being created at Uppsala university, and will accept first students autumn 2020. Application deadline is january 15th, each year. More information on the central university web:
Additive manufacturing is also being integrated into courses at other undergraduate study programmes, particularly our Swedish programmes in materials science ("Q") and materials chemistry ("K-material").
During autumn 2019 a graduate course for PhD students is also given in "3D printing for biomedical materials". This course will be given in the future as well, contact Wei Xia for more information on this course.
The initative organises seminars on AM-related topics, which are open for all interested.