Additive Manufacturing: The Future Is Here
The Ångström initiative on additive manufacturing aims to strengthen the research and education connected to additive manufacturing at the faculty of science and technology at Uppsala university. The initiative presently includes researchers and projects at three departments at the faculty.
The Ångström initiative is a member of the Swedish Arena for Additive Manufacturing of metals
Examples of ongoing research projects
- We are currently coordinating a large project "Additive manufacturing – development of processes and materials" financed by the Swedish foundation for strategic research (SSF)
- 3D-printed composites aimed at patient-
specific bone replacement
- Design of the new AM-printer with extremely high resolution
- Advanced material characterisation techniques that can be applied on AM materials
- Filament-based AM of metal composites
Education in AM and activities
- A new international masterprogramme in additive manufacturing commencing autumn 2020 will be started. More information will be available during autumn 2019.
- We will have an open seminar series during autumn 2019. More info shortly.
- Lunch seminar, 25/4, 12.15-13.00 Häggsalen, Ångström Laboratory
3D verkstan will present their new Metal 3D printing machine ”Metal X” (by MarkForged). Afterwards employees from 3D Verkstan and MarkForged will demonstrate the printer and there will be room for questions
- Lunch seminar, 12/4, Ångströmlaboratoriet.”Competences for future industrial competitiveness- a Sandvik perspective” with Klas Forsström, CEO Sandvik Machining Solutions (including Coromant, Secotools, Pramet, Walter and Sandvik Additive Manufacturing).
- Lunch seminar "Additiv tillverkning med metallmaterial". 28/2, 12.15-13.00.