Additive Manufacturing: The Future Is Here
The Ångström Initiative on Additive Manufacturing is Ångström’s strategic effort on research and education in additive manufacturing in close cooperation with academia, industry and society.
The initiative includes the Departments of Physics, Chemistry and Engineering Sciences at Uppsala University. (contact persons).
The Ångström initiative is a member of the Swedish Arena for Additive Manufacturing of metals
Ongoing research projects
- We are currently coordinating a large project "Additive manufacturing – development of processes and materials" financed by the Swedish foundation for strategic research (SSF):
- 3D-printed composites aimed at patient-
specific bone replacement
- Design of the new AM-printer with extremely high resolution
- Advanced material characterisation techniques that can be applied on AM materials
- Filament-based AM of metal composites
Education and activities
Lunch seminar, 12/4, 12.15-13.00. Polhemssalen, Ångströmlaboratoriet.
”Competences for future industrial competitiveness- a Sandvik perspective” with Klas Forsström, CEO Sandvik Machining Solutions (including Coromant, Secotools, Pramet, Walter and Sandvik Additive Manufacturing). The seminar is hold in English. April 8 is the last day to register. Please send an email, with your name and workplace, to: Anna.C.Eriksson(at)angstrom.uu.se.
- A new international masterprogramme in AM commencing autumn 2020
- The Ångström initiative invests in a powder gas atomiser together with Swerea-Kimab, KTH and Sandvik for research and education.
- Lunch seminar "Additiv tillverkning med metallmaterial". 28/2, 12.15-13.00.For further information teknik.uu.se/calender